February 17, 2012

How to Create a Busy Bag: Stop Light Commands

Preschool Crafts
After making the Stoplight bean bags, I decided to have a school lesson for my daughter focused on the colors of the stoplight.  During the lesson we played the with the stoplight.  She has learned the three colors in Spanish and can now say the color and tell me what each color means.  For our craft today, we color coded popsicle sticks to mimic what she has learned with the stoplight. 

Supplies:
 - 3 popsicle sticks
 - green, yellow, and red foam
 - green, yellow, and red markers
 - glue
 - scissors


My daughter is almost 3 and this is a great project that she can do all on her own while I make a set for my other daughter who is 15 months.  My little girl cut out squares and glued them onto the popsicle sticks.  I colored the bottom of each stick to match the foam color.  I then wrote "Go", "Slow", and "Stop".  This a super easy craft!  


Game
Have all your students start at one end of the room or hallway.  Alternate showing each popsicle stick.  Have your students say the color and what each color means.  Then have them follow the command according to the color.  You can let your students take turns holding up the colors.  You can also teach the commands in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment