January 30, 2012

How to Create a Busy Bag: Stop Light Bean Bag Toss

Stop Light Bean Bag Toss
I just went to a Busy Bag swap party. I had never been to one and let me tell you it was awesome!!
I came home with 13 different activities for my little girls to play with and they were very excited. For the party I made a stop light and red, yellow, and green bean bags to match the lights. The idea is to throw the bean bag onto the stop light and have the colors match. This game helps with eye and hand coordination, colors and shapes. My almost 3 year old loves it!



How to Make Bean Bags:
Materials:
- Red, green, and yellow material and thread (I used 1 yard of each, but I made 42 bean bags)
- Beans to fill bean bags (I used lentils because I prefer a smaller bean inside the bag)
- Rotary Cutter and mat
- Funnel

1. Cut 6 in. x 6 in. squares out of all the material (If you are just making one bean bag of each color then you need two squares cut out of each color)
2. Sew a continuous stitch around each square, leaving a 1-2 in. gap
3. Turn square inside out 
4. Fill each bag with bean using a funnel
5. Sew up the hole

How to Make a Stop Light
- Black Poster Board
- Red, green, and yellow foam squares
- Glue
- Scissors
- Bowl

1. Trace and cut a circle out of each foam square. (I used the bottom of a cereal bowl for my circle)
2. Cut a rectangle out of the black poster board. (I used 6 in. x 15 in. and folded in thirds in order to fit inside a gallon size bag)
3. Glue circles to poster board




No comments:

Post a Comment